on 12/13/2007 1:12 AM Deeter spake the following:
> I cant build anything on that maschine, because there is not even "make"
> installed with Endian.
> But I found out, that Endian comes with the Smart Package Manager, so i
> tried to use it to install madwifi, but I get errors everywhere, it seems
> Smart is not configured properly by Endian, nor has it any source, where to
> look for sources or binarys...
> I tried to run it like
> smart install (url to madwifi sources)
> and it did download that package, but afterwards it won't do anything to
> install and or compile it.
> Dis someone here manage to setup Smart correctly? Please can you give me
> some hints how to do so!?
Endian doesn't have a compiler on it, because it is a security risk. But if
you want to use the wifi card as an access point, you really need one that is
supported with the distro, because not all wifi cards can act as an access
point properly, or are easy to set up encryption. It is usually easier to add
a supported network card as blue, and plug a wired access point into that.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and