Ok. I figured it out. In order to use postfix with a service on a
nonstandard port (like 2525) the following needs to be manually configured.

In the /etc/postfix/main.cf on the
    relayhost=[myhost.com]
line change it to read
    relayhost=[myhost.com]:2525

Then, also change the sasl_passwd file
    [myhost.com]   userid:password
to read:
     [myhost.com]:2525  userid:password

The problem here is that when you configure port 2525 in the advanced
section of the web interface, it puts it into the files as:
    [myhost.com:2525]

DNS does not resolve this properly. So, we need to modify the web
interface to put the hostname into the interface without the brackets
around the hostname. That, or we need to add a port field so that the
port goes outside the brackets.

The following formats work:
    [myhost.com]:2525
    myhost.com:2525

As it stands now, I have to modify these files by hand if I change
anything else in my smtp proxy configuration as it gets rewritten every
time. What needs to be changed on my system as it stands to get this to
change?

Currently I am using the release 2.1. Is this alreay fixed?

Thanks
Steven Stringham