Nevertheless it's awkward.

It's like going to a McDonald's restaurant and start giving leaflets of Pizza Hut.

Obrigado,
Joaquim Machado

INE::DMSI/IT
Departamento de Metodologia e Sistemas de Informação
Serviço de Infraestrutura Tecnológica

mulysatest mulysatest wrote:
I have no relationship or anything with this product.
I don't mean to say that this one is better than EFW.
But since we all have a freedom you should try it out.
http://www.vyatta.com/about/index.php

    Testimonials

"I feel that my department is getting a lot more value from purchasing Vyatta subscriptions and installing on standard x86 servers than purchasing proprietary hardware, upgrades and support from Cisco."

Nicholas Kassis

Florida State University - Facilities <http://www.facilities.fsu.edu/>
Download Florida State University Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_FSUcase.pdf>

"We bought Vyatta for the support. Vyatta is very easy to deal with. I can throw it on commodity hardware. That's a huge advantage."

Justin Newman

BinFone / BinHost <http://www.binhost.com/>
Download BinFone Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_BinFoneCase.pdf>

"We are glad to say in the few months of using Vyatta, support has been perfect, router hasn't even thought of crashing, and my company is $7,000 the richer. We had a prominent local networking company quote us $6-8,000 just to acquire and install a Cisco router. That's not even including support. All said and done, Vyatta cost me just over $1000, and that includes one year support. Long live Vyatta!"

Adam Temple

Sermonspice.com <http://www.sermonspice.com/>
Download Sermonspice Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_Sermonspicecase.pdf>

"I like being able to buy a pre-integrated solution directly from Vyatta - the features and flexibility I need, in a familiar and trustworthy hardware package that I can drop right into my network."

Charles Stewart

VP of Operations

Adify Corporation <http://www.adify.com/>
Download Adify Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_Adifycase.pdf>

"I have been continually impressed with Vyatta�s attention to detail, excellent support, and ability to reliably add more power and flexibility to the solution. Vyatta is no longer just a lower-cost alternative to high-priced Cisco proprietary routers. It�s a flat out better solution."

Paul Wheeler

IT Manager

City of Madera, CA <http://www.cityofmadera.org/>
Download Madera Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_Maderacase.pdf>

"We were upgrading our network configuration to better handle our traffic load and the existing Cisco router just wasn't up to the task...so I started looking for alternatives. Vyatta was able to deliver everything we wanted at a low cost...and the support has been fantastic."

David Nalley

KeyMark Inc. <http://www.keymarkinc.com/>
NetworkWorld Podcast: David Nalley - Swapping out Cisco for Vyatta <http://www.networkworld.com/podcasts/panorama/2007/03/swapping_out_cisco_for_vyatta.html>

Download KeyMark Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_KeyMarkcase.pdf>

"With Vyatta, we don't have to choose between price, performance, new equipment, or excellent service and support; we have it all. I hope to convert my network to 100 percent Vyatta over the coming year."

Emmanuel Briand

CIO

iParadigms <http://www.iparadigms.com/>

"We have been open-source users for some time and were previously using firewalls on the servers themselves to secure the applications, but the approach didn't provide the flexibility that we need as we grow. With Vyatta installed, we have a central location for managing the security policies and IP addresses. It's great to have a quality solution, based on open source, with a professional company to back it."

Mike Jarrett

QuesGen Systems Inc. <http://www.quesgen.com/www/>
Download QuesGen Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_QuesGencase.pdf>

"Vyatta is a key component of our six 9s infrastructure...the return in peace of mind and low blood pressure is huge."

Charles Sibbald

OpenTelcom
Download OpenTelcom Case Study <http://www.vyatta.com/documentation/general/Vyatta_OpenTelcomcase.pdf>

"Our implementation pushed a few boundaries and 'stunned' is only word I can use to describe the attentiveness that Vyatta provided. Vyatta will be our standard choice for BGP router deployment moving forward."

Simon Woodhead

Simwood eSMS <http://www.esms.com/>

"Vyatta's performance and functionality have been so great we are standardizing large parts of our network on it. The price/performance is compelling, and it positions us to provide a superior product to our customers at very competitive prices."

James Rigas

Zito Media <http://www.zitomedia.com/>

"The Vyatta 514 is a great solution for small and branchoffices. It's priced right and has all the features a small office needs to connect with the Internet. With the enterprise-class feature set, it will also scale up as our business grows."

Ed Burns

Chameleon Power <http://www.chameleonpower.com/>

"We are very satisfied with the Vyatta/Dell products we ordered from you. They worked flawlessly out of the box and configuration was straight-forward and simple. We look forward to working with the Vyatta Routers more and more.

Chris Sizemore

OrphIQ <http://www.orphiq.com/>

"After careful testing, we deployed Vyatta router software into our Boston commercial colocation facility. Performance, stability and support have all been superb! With modest, off the shelf Supermicro hardware, Vyatta has performed every bit as well as the Cisco 7200s in our Providence facility. Vyatta gave us Cisco stability at a substantial savings."

Jim Archer

Boston Colocation

"The end result is fantastic, speed and response of performance at both sites far exceeded expectations. At the main site we were replacing a Firebox VPN tunnel back to London...once we replaced it with the Vyatta VPN the network response and reliability was far in excess of expectations and performs as well as the MPLS circuits we have connecting other sites.

Ben King

Netthatworks <http://www.netthatworks.com/>

"From my first conctact with Vyatta, I knew something strange and new was happening in networking. They actually answered my support e-mails immediately (less than five minutes) with useful information written by a knowledgeable engineer. Followup was thorough and every person I spoke with had both a helpful attitude and the knowledge to meet my needs. The product itself is fast, stable, reliable, and easy to work with. In my 26 years working in IT, I have never received this level of support from any company at any price, much less the low price charged by Vyatta."

Carlos Alvarez

Televolve <http://www.televolve.com/>

"We implemented Vyatta for Odeo's GigE connection to the Internet. Due to nature of our traffic (tens of thousands of simultaneous connections), the s/w required a little tweaking. Vyatta's engineers were on it immediately and had the problem diagnosed and fixed in under an hour. It's been running flawlessly ever since. With space/power being a premium at colo facilities these days, a single U for our router and firewall services is very efficient. Thanks Vyatta.

Eric Rupert

Odeo <http://www.odeo.com/>