Hi there,

I had a Cisco VPN Router (IPSEC) behind an Endian Firewall 2.1 /
2.2beta2 running for a while. The Cisco connected to an outside VPN
endpoint and everything worked fine.

Since a few days, it does not work anymore. There was a power failure
for the Endian but it came back on without a problem. After that, the
Cisco VPN router does not connect anymore and there is not a reason that
I can see.

I tried upgrading the Endian to 2.2, which doesn't resolve the problem.
With tcpdump, I can see that the Cisco requests IPSEC connection from
green to red. On the red interface, I can see the answer from the VPN
endpoints, but the answer packets are not visible on the green endian
zone anymore. Endian seems to prevent the packages from getting forwarded.

I tried to setup Port Forwarding in Endian (which isn't necessary in my
opinion because the Cisco requests the IPSEC connection) for Port
500/udp and 4500/udp and GRE. I tried without Port forwarding with the
same results. IPSEC / VPN is completely disabled on the Endian, so that
the packets should go through the Endian, but they don't.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marco