Thanks Lane and Mike for your feedback.

I use a VPN for clients that connect from the same PC each time and I
tunnel RDP via SSH for some others.

I have a few clients that move around different customer premises and
use the PCs there.  Not all of these customers have static public IPs so
the clients come in from a different IP each time.  I was trying to
avoid installing VPN clients on the PCs.

I had in mind something similar to MAC filtering on a wireless, but I
see now that that works because the PC connects directly. I did learn
something about MAC addresses though!

Thanks again to you both.

--
Acceptable use of my email address: