Elmar Natter wrote:
> 2009/11/29 Igor Mikolic-Torreira <igormtn...@comcast.net>
>> Actually, there are a bunch of older packages on the
>> updates-devel site.  For example, EFW 2.3 comes with rpm
>> 4.4.2, but the updates-devel site has rpm 4.4.1.  This is
>> more than a packaging bump (as is the case with glibc), as
>> the rpm versions are actually different.  I noticed this as
>> I was trying to install rpm-build....
>>

> OK, did any anyone succeed in getting Devel-Tools into a endian 2.3
> Box? I wan't to install and compile VMWare Tools, but due to the fact,
> that all gcc and glib packages from
> http://updates.endian.org/devel/pool/ are not installable, due to
> version confilcts, does anyone has managed to?

I ended up forcing the ones that only had packing bump and
then getting others like rpm in appropriate versions from
cvs and (when needed) migrating and applying patches from
the EFW devel/pool version to the newer sources.  I seem to
have a working devel box now, but I've only had time to
build secondary things (apcupsd, etc) -- I haven't yet tried
to rebuild the kernel.  That's my Xmas project :)

Igor