I have several efw 2.2 servers running out in the world, and
you wouldn't want to run 2.2 on a P3, or a Duron.

You can't compare a modern system with those old systems.
Drive and memory bandwidth speeds were pretty horrible back
then.

One customer currently has a 1.5HGz Sempron 2200+ with
512Megs servicing 10 internal users, and three openvpn
connections to servers located in other states, and a couple
of road worriers, so about 18 to 20 users in all.

However, to get it to run in that much ram, I had to turn
off a few services like the content filer, IPS, and spam
filters. I kept the AV scanners.

There's another box that services 45 users, (internal and
remote) has a gig of ram, and a dual core 2.3GHz amd cpu.
The content filter is off on that one too, but because it's
an oncology clinic and words like 'breast cancer' would
prevent access to sites. This runs in a VM on citrix
xenserver.

The atom should be much faster at using ram and with r/w to
the drives. But a power saving, single core, 1.6GHz cpu
handling 150 users? I think it might be slow. A dual core
atom, maybe.

Anyone with 150 user systems? I'd like to hear your specs...