Hi,

I'm testing "Endian Firewall Community release 2.4.1" in a lab with Windows
2008 AD.

I have a problem with the proxy authentication. The username / password are
always refused.

I have setup another machine under CentOS 5.6 and the authentication working
successful (basic and NTLM).

I have compared many configuration file and the problem still.

One the working server:
[root@squid ~]# wbinfo -a "endian\eric"%eric
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
[root@squid ~]# wbinfo -a eric%eric
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user eric%eric with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

One the Endianfw :
root@efw:~ # wbinfo -a "endian+eric"%eric
root@efw:~ # wbinfo -a eric%eric
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
root@efw:~ # wbinfo -a "endian\eric"%eric
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user endian\eric%eric with plaintext password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (0xc0000064)
error messsage was: No such user
Could not authenticate user endian\eric with challenge/response

I've tried to use the "winbind serparator" but nothing do. I think the problem
is how NT domain names and user names are combined.

Any idea ?

Regards,

--
Eric