El día Saturday, May 04, 2013 a las 02:55:09PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> As I said, it does not look for any icon directly with its name; but
> when I do a "fgrep icons /tmp/ekiga.tr" it seems to check a lot of
> index.theme files and it seems it does not find what it's looking for;
> attached is the grep result below; any ideas? Thanks

I have used a GTK+ tutorial and hacked together a small C pgm (attached)
which can be compiled with:

$ gcc -g image.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-3.0` -o image

and can launched with any Gnome image as 1st argument, for example:

$ ./image document-open-recent

which just should bring up the image in a box. What I now see and
have certain is:

a) some images work while others not (at the moment I do not have a rule
or idea why);

b) in no case the name of the image PNG file is directly visible in
truss or strace, i.e. this must be accessed in some other way;

HIH to nail down the problem.

        matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: g...@unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in
E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards
#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int
main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *box;
  GtkWidget *image;

  gtk_init (NULL, NULL);

  box = gtk_box_new (GTK_ORIENTATION_VERTICAL, 0);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), box);

  /* document-open-recent ... */

  image = gtk_image_new_from_icon_name (*++argv, GTK_ICON_SIZE_DIALOG);
  gtk_image_set_pixel_size (GTK_IMAGE (image), 64);

  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (box), image, FALSE, TRUE, 0);

  gtk_widget_show_all (window);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}