Hello,

Le jeudi 24 janvier 2008 à 16:00 -0800, Ken Restivo a écrit :
> I've been using Ekiga for all my telephone needs for the last few months.
> It's going well. A couple things have been irking me about it:
>
> 1) If I need to correct a phone number (i.e. to add 00 to the beginning of
> it), even if I put the cursor at the beginning after the sip:, ekiga still
> places any numbers I type at the END of the phone number!

Using the Ekiga dialpad or the keyboard ?
I wonder if it has not been fixed after 2.0.3 (we are at 2.0.11).

> 2) If I cancel a call, sometimes ekiga refuses to accept my numberic
> keystrokes in the sip: box, and instead tries to send them as DTMF, even
> though the connection is broken. When it gets stuck like that, the only way
> to fix it is to quit ekiga and wait and then relaunch it.

That kind of thing has been fixed iirc.

> 3) The sip won't take - or () characters, making it really difficult to cut
> and paste phone numbers in to call. I was hoping to just type "sip:00" and
> then paste and have ekiga dial the number, but alas it does not. I wrote a
> little sed one-liner to get around this but it'd be nice if ekiga could strip
> out illegal characters like - and () and spaces.

This one is on our todo list, but it is difficult to determine when the
character should be replaced or not. For example, sometimes the + is
needed, sometimes it is not.

--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-