Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Le dimanche 16 mars 2008 à 22:12 +0100, jacques a écrit :
>> Edward Dunagin a écrit :
>>> cou7ld not connect just now.
>> Ekiga was down
>>
>> Thanks to Edward and Tangy for spending so much time testing with me.
>>
>> Obviously there's something wrong with my configuration.
>>
>> Sometimes it looks like the sound card gets stuck and I have to re-boot
>> the computer :-(
>>
>> Tanguy suggested me to try some other CODECS (the less costly ones)
>> but the sound is still chopped and often I dont hear the partner
>> speaking or sometimes in a very strange manner, like *very slow and in a
>> very low tone*
>>
>> I will try again sometimes,
>>
>> Ideas to fix this are welcome,
>
> It could be yet another alsa bug. Try upgrading it perhaps.

Anyway, I think my setup is not quite right either.
I tried with another ekiga user (Thanks, Jean-michel ;) )
and it was not working properly; it started fine but
the sound was becoming more and more choppy.
I am just wondering, i just have a 512k broadband connection,
what codecs should i use if i want to have an acceptable
quality for the sound? (the video was quite good, by the way )

--
  _Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are