On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Mark T.B. Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Perhaps I'm missing some documentation - if so, just point me toward
> what I'm meant to be looking at that answers these.
>
> I'm using Ekiga 2.0.11 under 64-bit Linux 2.6.24.
>
> When I start ekiga, it tells me I won't be able to receive incoming
> calls. However, it just says 'Error while starting the listener ...' and
> 'check no other program is running on the port used ...' without saying
> anything about what the error was or what port it's talking about! Not
> that I'm aware of any reason why anything else would be listening on
> such ports:

Have you tried:
1. Making sure that Ekiga is trying to use the correct network interface:
Edit -> Preferences -> Protocols -> Network Settings -> Network Interface:
ListenOn
2. That your firewall is set up correctly.  The wiki
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Ekiga_behind_a_NAT_router has a wealth of
information on the topic (although the first-time setup GUI should have
given you information about it you can run it again by
Edit -> Configuration Druid

3. You can get more information by running ekiga from the command line with
the highest debugging level "ekiga -d 4"

Hope some of that helps.  The wiki and the archives of this mailing list are
probably the most helpful thing though.

Best wishes,
Oisin