My apology for the small confusion regarding the version of ekiga. I have
used
ekiga-setup-3.0.2beta-7316.exe<http://snapshots.ekiga.net/snapshots/win32/archives/ekiga-setup-3.0.2beta-7316.exe>to
install ekiga on Windows XP running on the eepc.
*The webcam works well if used used without ekiga*.

Also, I have tried the Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro 2megapixel,
Logitech QuickCam VGA camera and Microsoft NX 6000 2megapixel camera and
none of them works when used with ekiga on eepc. I tried different image
resolutions i.e QCIF, CIF, VGA, QVGA and used H264, theora and H261 codecs.
Considering the processing power of the eepc(HFM -900MHz & LFM- 600MHz;
RAM-1GB), I disabled audio as it needs extra processing. But the webcam wont
work at all with ekiga.

Please let me know how to produce a debug output on windows? Does ekiga -d 4
output work on windows xp also?

Thanks,
Chaitanya