So, I found myself a few more echo tests and, lo and behold,
e...@iptel.org works fine for me. No problems, beautiful echo, for
thirty-two seconds until the remote host disconnects me.

Two questions:

1) Any idea why e...@ekiga.net fails where e...@iptel.org succeeds?
2) Can someone who has no problems with e...@ekiga.net try
e...@iptel.org and see if they're disconnected after thirty seconds?
I'd like to see whether the duration of this echo
test is fixed for everyone at thirty-two seconds, or whether I have a
specific problem that is pushing me off e...@iptel.org and
mu...@iptel.org at 32s.

Thanks all,