Hi Jānis

thanks for your answer ,is there any other option to use chat message in
asterisk.

my idea is to setup application in my office ,that all the employes in lan
can communicate by voice and text msg using asterisk.

i need your help and suggestion to achieve this task.

thanks in advance.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Thierry Simonnet <t.simon...@esiee.fr>wrote:

>  Not true.
>
> Asterisk supports IM (RFC4xxx - SIP Extension for IM). But it seems to me
> that it works only for an established call.
>
> Another point : I use IM with SIP and asterisk for remote control
> purposes. Ekiga has a trouble with identity (I didn't make tests since
> months, but...). Ekiga uses <OS login>@<IP or hostname> as ID and not <SIP
> ID>@registrar. I have written some posts on this point ;-)
>
> Best regards
>
> Le 22/05/2012 16:58, Jānis Rukšāns a écrit :
>
> On 5/22/12, sai vasanth <saivasan...@gmail.com> <saivasan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  is there any option to solve this error?
> and i am not clear about  relaying IM ! can pls explain what is that means?
>
>  It means that Asterisk does not support chat, only voice calls.
>

> --
>
> Thierry Simonnet
>
> ESIEE-Paris
>
> Par respect pour l’environnement, n’imprimez ce mail que si nécessaire

Saivasanth S
Project Engineer
*CDAC* chennai
mob:9940228017