Hallo Michael,

I have had something like this happen at least twice. I 'think' that both times
it  was due to some
sort of update  or a power failure that wrecked the Ekiga configuration.
In my case Ekiga function was restored by copying contents of ekiga.conf (saved
backup file) to
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\ekiga.conf  [on an xp]  Thanks
Eugen for
the instructions.

The first time I had to rebuild Ekiga by filling in the forms again; When it
was running,
made a backup copy of the ekiga.conf file, renamed with date and status eg :
"16-08-07
OK ekiga.conf". It is a good idea to keep a backup of this in a safe place with
instructions.

I hope this is clear enough.

OK,
Tony