On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:00:07 AM UTC+1, Alexander Reelsen wrote:

> the exception only tells you, that statistics cannot be gathered while a
> shard is recovering. A recovery itself is nothing bad (should finish
> sometime though).

But should this prevent the node from showing up at all in the response to
_cluster/nodes/stats?indices=true  ?
Currently all nodes in my cluster have at least one shard which is
recovering so the indices call above returns no nodes at all.

The shards do eventually flip over to started.

The reason I care about this is that I am trying to figure out why the
cluster eventually falls over. And this problem prevents me from getting
statistics like number of calls and cache sizes form teh different nodes.