I refined my query to the following:

curl -XGET
'http://localhost:9200/venues,events,offers,users/_search?pretty=true' -d '
{
    "query" : {

                    "indices" : {
                        "indices" : ["venues", "events", "users", "offers"],
                        "query" : {
                            "multi_match" : {
                                "query" : "Evo*",
                                "fields" : ["name^4", "first_name^4",
"last_name^4", "town^3.5", "_all^0.5"]

}'

The problem now is that the * in the query doesn't take effect. i.e. If I
use "Evo*" a node which has  name="Evoke" doesn't show in the results,
while if I search for "Evoke" it show the desired result.

So the question is: How to search for partial term within the field.

Thank you in advance.