Thanks for the pointers David.

I am using the elastic search under Perl, to retrieve data based on facets,
however the keepalive field is not returned. I guess this is because it is
not in the _source. However I can’t seem to get that field to appear.

We create new indexes every hour, the last 24hours form an alias.

I have created a gist with the search and the mapping from the index; here
https://gist.github.com/nickt9999/8226220

Thanks again

Nick