Hi,

I am just starting with ElasticSearch, I would like to know how to index a
simple json document "books.json" that has the following in it: Where do I
place the document? I placed it in root directory of elastic search and in
/bin folder..

{“books”:[{“name”:”life in heaven”,”author”:”Mike Smith”},{“name”:”get
rich”,”author”:”Joe Shmoe”},{“name”:”luxury properties”,”author”:”Linda
Jones”]}}

$ curl -XPUT "http://localhost:9200/books/book/1"; -d @books.json

Warning: Couldn't read data from file "books.json", this makes an empty
POST.

{"error":"MapperParsingException[failed to parse, document is
empty]","status":400}

Thanks