Hey,

a couple of things:

1. Did you check the log files? Most likely in /var/log/elasticsearch if
you use the packages. Is there anything suspicious at the time of your
outage? Please check your master node as well, if you have one (not sure if
it is a master or client node from the cluster health).
2. Why should elasticsearch pull your data? Any special configuration you
didnt mention? Or what exactly do you mean here?
3. Happy to debug your issue with the init script. The elasticsearch.yml
file should be in /etc/elasticsearch/ and not in /etc - anything manually
moved around? Can you still reproduce it?

--Alex