Hi, guys
I'm using elasticsearch to index a large number  of documents. A document
is about 0.5KB.
My elasticsearch cluster has 5 nodes(all data nodes). Each nodes are
running oracle Java version: 1.7.0_13 and both have 16GB RAM with 8GB
allocated to the JVM. And the index has 50 shards and 1 replicas.
I set the bulk thread pool to size:30 and queue:1000.
I use one thread to indexing documents by bulk,  bulk size is 1000.
In the beginning, the performance is very good. It can index about 10
million documents per hour. But with the increasing of indexing document,
it slows down. When the cluster has 500 million document indexed, i noticed
that it spent about 12 hours to index 10 million documents.

Is it normal? Or what is the bottleneck that throttling it?

Any help?

Regards
Eric