Hi ,

I read about in lot of places That There are two approaches when working
with synonyms :

   - expanding them at indexing time,
   - expanding them at query time.

Expanding synonyms at query time is not recommended since it raises issues
with :

   - scoring, since synonyms have different document frequencies,
   - multi-token synonyms, since the query parser splits on white spaces.

so to configure expanding synonym ant index time in elastic search what is
the configuration.
right now my configuration is as below , i am using synonym filter both in
index analyzer and query analyzer so that means i am expanding index
time and query time.

"name":{
               "type":"string",
       "index_analyzer" : "autocomplete_index",
"search_analyzer" : "autocomplete_search"
            },

{
   "settings":{
      "analysis":{
         "analyzer":{
    "synonym":{
               "tokenizer":"whitespace",
               "filter":[
                  "lowercase",
                  "syns_filter"
               ]
            },
      "autocomplete_search":{
               "type":"custom",
       "tokenizer":"whitespace",
               "filter":[
                  "lowercase",
                  "syns_filter",
  "stop"
               ]
            },
            "autocomplete_index":{
               "type":"custom",
               "tokenizer":"whitespace",
               "filter":[
                  "lowercase",
  "syns_filter",
  "stop",
                  "my_edgeNgram"
               ]
            }
         "filter":{
            "syns_filter":{
               "synonyms_path":"synonyms/synonym_collegename.txt",
               "type":"synonym",
       "ignore_case":true,
       "expand":false
}}}}