Hello,

I am having no problems using the elasticsearch logstash yum repo on
centos6.x, but when I try on centos5.x I am not able to get an rpm to
install.

This is the error I get when I use the 1.3 repo:

http://packages.elasticsearch.org/logstash/1.3/centos/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:

[Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.
primary.sqlite.bz2                                       | 2.6 kB     00:00

http://packages.elasticsearch.org/logstash/1.3/centos/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2:

[Errno -3] Error performing checksum
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from logstash-1.3: [Errno 256]
No more mirrors to try.

Here is my repo file:

[logstash-1.3]

name=logstash repository for 1.3.x packages
baseurl

baseurl=http://packages.elasticsearch.org/logstash/1.3/centos

gpgcheck=1

gpgkey=http://packages.elasticsearch.org/GPG-KEY-elasticsearch

enabled=1

I have tried turning off gpgcheck as well and I get the same error.
I also tried just downloading the rpm directly and then installing it
without yum and I get this:

[root@host ~]# rpm -q -p logstash-1.3.2-1_centos.noarch.rpm
error: logstash-1.3.2-1_centos.noarch.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature:
BAD, key ID d88e42b4

I believe that is caused by signing an rpm with V4, which centos5 is not
compatible with.

Here is my uname:
[root@host ~]# uname -a
Linux host 2.6.18-128.el5 #1 SMP Wed Dec 17 11:41:38 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Is there a different repository I should be using for centos/redhat 5.x?

Thank you,
Kevin