Martin, I have verified this behavior and it still pesists in 0.90.10. I
checked the latest ES master build at it indeed returns 2 values in the
List as expected so I am expecting it to behave as you expect in ES 1.0.
For now, what it does is it returns a single item inside the List, but that
item is in turn an ArrayList of 2 String values. If you have only 1 value,
it returns a single item in the List, and that item is a String. So you can
test accordingly in code to check if the value is a String or an ArrayList
and then adjust accordingly. Should be rectified in 1.0 I hope. :)