Just a FYI
I just installed Marvel and I noticed you need <activity> for Marvel to
start collecting and displaying data, even about itself.
If your machines are all previously setup and data already in place, I
don't know if you'd read anything.
Other thing I noticed is that <all> ES nodes have to be the same version.
So, for example if Marvel is pointing to an odd-ball ES node, there would
not be any activity with any other ES node so would be blank.

And, I assume that after changing ES versions you restarted the ES services
on every node? Otherwise you're still stuck on the previous version.

HTH,
Tony