There's a lot of info missing: how many servers, indexes, shards and
replicas do you have? have you made sure to set all the configurations
correctly (quorum size, expected number of nodes etc)?

You may be experiencing a split-brain situation (if your cluster state is
red) or just a temporary hiccup (if it's yellow). But without more info its
hard to tell. Either way, restarting the entire cluster usually helps
immediately, if this is an option.

With regards to the response "is not allowed, reason: NO()" you are
getting, there is an open issue on this for getting more feedback in the
response, that I _think_ was made it to v1 and maybe even 0.90.11.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant