Hi,

I'm trying to search across multiple indexes and I couldn't understand the
result of the TF/TDF function. I didn't expect for the indexes where the
term is more frequent to get penalized.

Here follows an example:
https://gist.github.com/luizgpsantos/9216108

When searching for the term "alice" the document {"_index": "index2",
"_type": "type", "_id": "1"} got a score 0.8784157 while {"_index": "index1",
"_type": "type", "_id": "1"} got a score 0.4451987.

In my use case I got one index about sports and another about celebrities
and when I search for a celebrity documents across sports and celebrities
indexes, results from sports index tend to appear in first place due to the
explanation above (we have few celebrities documents in sports index). But
the point is that when searching for a celebrity I would expect results
from the celebrity index.

Is there any way to calculate the score not penalizing indexes where the
frequency of a term is higher?

Cheers,

--
Luiz Guilherme P. Santos