Hi, I have some object type like:

  {
    'person': {
       'properties': {
          'age': {'index': 'no', 'type': 'long'},
          'name': {'index': 'no', 'type': 'string'}

So in fact these fields are not indexed at all, they are not visible to
filters. But what I want to is to be able to use 'exists' and 'missing'
filters on these fields ('person', 'person.age' or 'person.name').
A simple hack is to add an indexed, boolean field for each no index field,
like:

{
    'person': {
       'properties': {
          'age': {'index': 'no', 'type': 'long'},
          'age_exists': {'type': 'boolean'},

          'name': {'index': 'no', 'type': 'string'}
          'name_exists': {'index': 'no', 'type': 'boolean'}

And modify my queries that check field existence on these boolean flag
fields.
This works for a few fields like this but now I have plenty of them and it
also complicates my query logic. So dear elasticsearch users, is there a
better solution to this?

Thanks.