There are two scenario.
1) I am submitting the documents to ES for indexing.
2) I am executing a search query using cluster plugin.

Just to elaborate through example.

*Step 1:
*curl -xPOST 'http://192.168.0.179:9200/prashant' -d
{
"mappings": {
"emp": {

        "properties": {
                "empid": {"type":"long", "store":"no",
                        "precision_step":"0" },

                "empname": {"type":"string", "store":"yes",
                        "index":"analyzed" },

                "empage": {"type":"integer", "store":"yes",
                        "precision_step":"0" },

                "empstatus": {"type":"string", "store":"yes",
                "index":"analyzed" }

*Step 2:
*Now adding the documnets by :
curl -xPOST 'http://192.168.0.179:9200/prashant/emp' -d
{

"empid": 1,

"empname": "ABC",

"empage": 25,

"empstatus":"permanent"

}

*Step 3:
*Now if I _search_with_clusters for the documents like

{
  "search_request": {
    "query": {
      "match": {
        "_all": "ABC"
      }
    },
    "size": 1000,
    "from":0
  },
  "query_hint": "",
  "field_mapping": {
    "content": [
      "_source.empname"
    ]
  },
  "algorithm": "lingo3g"
}

It will return 1000 of record in hierarchical structure with the cluster
label and all.

*So my question is whether the clustering of documents will happen at step2
or step3?*