Hi,

I'm using the Elasticsearch Perl module and need guidance on setting up
mappings.
I'm using the bulk() method to index data. Here is an example of the
structure of the data :

  $response = $e->bulk(
     "index" : "idx-2014.03.10",
     "type" : "my_type",
     "body" : [
                        "_index" : "idx-2014.03.10",
                        "_id" : "4410",
                        "_type" : "my_type"
                    }
                },
                {
                    "something" : "interesting",
                    "somethingelse" : "also interesting"
                },
                        "_index" : "idx-2014.03.10",
                        "_id" : "4411",
                        "_type" : "my_type"
                    }
                },
                {
                    "something" : "very interesting",
                    "somethingelse" : "not interesting"
                }
     ]
  );

How do I set up mappings on various fields in the above example for
'something' and 'somethingelse' fields ?
Also, how do I turn off the analyzer for an index (index: not_analyzed)
 too ?

I know there are several ways of setting up mappings such as :

- when creating an index
- by using the dedicated update mapping api
- using index templates

Ideally I'd like to use the dedicated update mapping api but am unclear how
to use that through the Perl library interface (eg use
transport->perform_request()
?).

Thanks for any guidance and help.

Dom