Hi folks, I've been trying to figure out the default analyzer for
'_all'. At first, I was simply thinking that it would be the standard
analyzer. But as my testing shows, it's not the case at all (stop
words are kept?!)? After some testing, it would appear to be using the
standard tokenizer, with a lowercase filter.

I would have tried to find out more myself... but it's not as if you
could query the mapping and try to see the result for yourself (it
doesnt show for '_all'). Does anybody have any more info? Is it using
any provided analyzer?

thanks,
-jf

--
He who settles on the idea of the intelligent man as a static entity
only shows himself to be a fool.

Mensan / Full-Stack Technical Polymath / System Administrator
12 years over the entire web stack: Performance, Sysadmin, Ruby and Frontend