I use elasticsearch as an index server. And I deploy a web project to
create index and search result from my es server.

I got the following error from the logs of the web project:

[elasticsearch[Vengeance][transport_client_worker][T#12]{New I/O worker
#6249}] WARN
 org.elasticsearch.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector -
Unexpected exception in the selector loop.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory
        at java.nio.Bits.reserveMemory(Bits.java:632)
        at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:97)
        at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:288)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.SocketReceiveBufferAllocator.newBuffer(SocketReceiveBufferAllocator.java:64)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.SocketReceiveBufferAllocator.get(SocketReceiveBufferAllocator.java:41)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:62)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.process(AbstractNioWorker.java:108)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:318)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioWorker.run(AbstractNioWorker.java:89)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:178)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)
        at
org.elasticsearch.common.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

ES_HEAP_SIZE=2048, and the server running elasticsearch has free memory of
8GB.

Any ideas of the root causing the error? thanks verymuch!