On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Jean-Noël Rivasseau <elva...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "not possible to escape it" ?
> Could you provide a sample code in Java, that would work if the necessary
> changes would be implemented?

The nested field mapper stores data as separate Lucene documents. What the
nested aggregation does, is that for every incoming (parent) document ID,
it is going to call sub aggregations with the document ID of children
documents. The sub aggregations are not aware that they are being applied
to child documents, to them it doesn't make any difference, they just do
their usual stuff, but on different doc IDs.

What would be needed in order to make your aggregation work would be to
have another aggregation that would be able to translate these child doc
IDs back to their parent's doc ID, which is something that we don't have
today.

--
Adrien Grand