Well, since I've posted this message I didn't find any reliable solution,
it looks like a bug in the phonetic plugin.

There is at least a workaround : as I'm using my custom analysis in _all,
the workaround consists to put a more standard analyser on the wanted field
(for ex. "content") and to use the "highlight_query" on it. But it will
only highlight when the standard analyser returns the same query (i.e. when
if you query "quik" instead of "quick", highlighter won't work).

Have a good day all !

Erdal.