I've been testing ES with java 8, and everything is working fantastic, with
the exception of MVEL, which is fairly broken. I've looked on the MVEL
mailing lists, and on github issues, and there's not a lot of activity. I'm
trying to decide if I should just migrate my MVEL scripts to a different
language, which seems like the easiest path. Any thoughts? Have others
moved ES installs to java 8 successfully?

--paul