I have downloaded elasticsearch-hadoop-1.2.0.jar from github and trying to
search. The code to search looks like

*********
  conf.set("es.nodes", "localhost");
  conf.set("es.port", "9200");
  conf.set("es.resource", "test_index/test_mapping");
  conf.set("es.query", "{\"query\":{\"term\":{\"test.field1\":\"test\"}}}");
  Job job = Job.getInstance(conf);
  job.setJobName(ESIndexContoller.class.getSimpleName());
     job.setJarByClass(ESIndexContoller.class);

  job.setInputFormatClass(EsInputFormat.class);
  job.setOutputFormatClass(EsOutputFormat.class);
        job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        job.setOutputValueClass(MapWritable.class);
        job.setSpeculativeExecution(false);
        job.waitForCompletion(true);
********
I have hadoop 2.2 from hortonworks and ES 0.90.2. But when I run 'hadoop
jar' command it throws 'IllegalStateException: Job in state DEFINE instead
of RUNNING'

I believe one needs to create custom Mapper and Reducer. If so, can someone
tell me how the code should look like inside map() and reduce()

Thanks,