I have the same issue, I would like to be able to do a fuzzy search for
some of my fields in a multi_match query of type cross_fields. Right now I
have to do two queries but gives me a disjunct set rather than a
conjunctive result:

{
  "query": {
    "bool": {
      "should": [
        {
          "multi_match": {
            "query": "foo 500",
            "type": "cross_fields",
            "operator": "and",
            "analyzer": "standard",
            "fields": [
              "display_name",
              "strength_text",
              "vnr",
              "manufacturer",
              "categories",
              "amount_text",
              "color_code",
              "item_size_text"
            ]
          }
        },
        {
          "match": {
            "display_name": {
              "query": "foo 500",
              "fuzziness": "auto"
      ]
    }
  },
  "size": 150,
  "from": 0
}

The second match query adds a bunch of hits which makes the first hit
irrelevant..

Does anyone have a solution to this?