Is it possible to post the full timeout exception?

Do you run JDBC river with replica level 0 and add replica later after
river completion?

I saw this in the past and I'm not sure if this is related to tight
resources.

In the next JDBC river version there will be more convenient control of
bulk index settings (automatic replica level 0, refresh disabling,
re-enabling of refresh & replica afterwards).

Jörg