Hi,
I am facing the same issue when I include "Histogram" in Kibana and set
@timestamp in the time field.. Here is the debug message I am getting

org.elasticsearch.search.SearchParseException: [kibana-int][3]:
from[-1],size[-1]: Parse Failure [Failed to parse source
[{"facets":{"0":{"date_histogram":{"field":"@timestamp","interval":"1h"},"global":true,"facet_filter":{"fquery":{"query":{"filtered":{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"*ERROR"}},"filter":{"bool":{"must":[{"match_all":{}}]}}}}}}},"1":{"date_histogram":{"field":"@timestamp","interval":"1h"},"global":true,"facet_filter":{"fquery":{"query":{"filtered":{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"*WARN"}},"filter":{"bool":{"must":[{"match_all":{}}]}}}}}}},"2":{"date_histogram":{"field":"@timestamp","interval":"1h"},"global":true,"facet_filter":{"fquery":{"query":{"filtered":{"query":{"query_string":{"query":"*"}},"filter":{"bool":{"must":[{"match_all":{}}]}}}}}}}},"size":0}]]
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:634)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createContext(SearchService.java:507)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.createAndPutContext(SearchService.java:480)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.executeQueryPhase(SearchService.java:252)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.action.SearchServiceTransportAction.sendExecuteQuery(SearchServiceTransportAction.java:202)
        at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchCountAction$AsyncAction.sendExecuteFirstPhase(TransportSearchCountAction.java:70)
        at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:216)
        at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction.performFirstPhase(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:203)
        at
org.elasticsearch.action.search.type.TransportSearchTypeAction$BaseAsyncAction$2.run(TransportSearchTypeAction.java:186)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.search.facet.FacetPhaseExecutionException:*
Facet [0]: (key) field [@timestamp] not found*
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.datehistogram.DateHistogramFacetParser.parse(DateHistogramFacetParser.java:160)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.facet.FacetParseElement.parse(FacetParseElement.java:93)
        at
org.elasticsearch.search.SearchService.parseSource(SearchService.java:622)
        ... 11 more

Here is my mapping file content

{
  "logstash-2014.04.29" : {
    "mappings" : {
      "controlserver" : {
        "properties" : {
          "@timestamp" : {
            "type" : "date",
            "format" : "dateOptionalTime"
          },
          "@version" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "class" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "file" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "host" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "message" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "offset" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "severity" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "tags" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "thread" : {
            "type" : "string"
          },
          "type" : {
            "type" : "string"

I do see that @timestamp is defined in mapping file. May I Know why am I
getting this issue ? I am using ElasticSearch-1.1.0 version, I tested with
0.90.9 as well, still get the same issue.