Hi all,

I am trying to grow my replicas from 0 to 2 across about 300 tables. I'm
doing this by asynchronously issuing an UpdateSettingsRequest (through the
Java client) for each table.

The first 100 go through fine (responding with a UpdateSettingsResponse),
but the final ~200 fail with this exception:

     Failure is org.elasticsearch.transport.RemoteTransportException:
[my-cluster][inet[/w.x.y.z:9300]][indices/settings/update]

We're using ES version 0.90.7.  Any ideas what might be clogging the pipes?