Hi Jose,

There are two ways to do so: either with a script (slow because term
ordinals can't be used):

"terms" : {
    "script": "doc['A'].values + doc['B'].values + doc['C'].values"
}

Or by having all values in a single field at indexing time (potentially
using `copy_to`[1]).

[1]
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/mapping-core-types.html#copy-to

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Jose A. Garcia <arganto...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about Aggregations. I have documents with several fields:
>
> {
>   field1 : A,
>   field2: B,
>   field3: C,
>   size: 1,
> }
>
> {
>   field1 : A,
>   field2: B2,
>   field3: C2,
>   size: 2,
> }
>
> {
>   field1 : Z,
>   field2: B3,
>   field3: C3,
>   size: 99,
> }
>
> And I need to be able to calculate aggregations for each one of those
> fields, and get the sum of the sizes for each field, so for example,
> aggregating by field1 should get me { A, size = 3 }, {Z, size = 99}.
>
> Looking at the documentation for aggregations I can see how to get the sum
> for a field and how to get the terms and their counts, but I need a
> combination of both, what is the best way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jose.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/1deb1eb1-a5dc-40cb-8689-c5518869f40a%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/1deb1eb1-a5dc-40cb-8689-c5518869f40a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Adrien Grand