Hi,

We are exploring the Lucene/ES as an embedded search engine inside our
product offering and while analysis following concerns come up. Could you
share your thoughts on how serious/genuine these are :-

1.    Read Dominant - Data in Lucene Index is intended to be read
predominantly and not to be frequently updated. Although, it supports NEAR
Real-time Searches. We might have scenarios where one or multiple users are
updating/deleting few documents (concurrently) in a large index repository
(250 million documents).

 2.    While Lucene Index facilitates insert, delete and update of
documents, single field update capabilities aren't good especially if that
field is text indexed. Whenever a new field is added or the contents of an
existing field is changed, every single document in Lucene Index must be
reprocessed in its entirety before the data is populated for the new field
in all documents.

Thanks
Gaurav