I am using Logstash 1.4.1, elasticsearch 1.1.1, kibana 3.1 for analyzing my
logs. I get the parsed fields (from log) in Kibana 3.

Now, I have often query on a particular field for many strings. Eg:
auth_message is a field and I may have to query for like 20 different
strings (all together or separately).

If together:

auth_message: "login failed" OR "user XYZ" OR "authentication failure" OR

If separate queries:

auth_message: "login failed"
auth_message: "user XYZ"
auth_message: "authentication failure"

So user cannot remember 20 strings for a field to be searched for. Is there
a way to store or present it to user to select the strings he wants to
search for.

Can this be done using ELK ?? Please help