@Zennet: I was thinking of doing something similar via a reverse-proxy in
front of Kibana, however I believe Kibana still uses DELETE, PUT, and POST
requests to save its dashboards, so I'm not sure what to block exactly.

@Jaguar: jetty plugin looks interesting, especially the
"jetty-restrict-writes.xml" part, I'll be taking a look at that.

As Jörg said, it shouldn't be too difficult to create a DELETE request and
spoof its source to appear as if coming from a trusted source; I just wish
there was an option built into ES to disable deletes/updates or at least
authenticate them first.

Thanks everyone