Yes, it did when we restarted the node while trying to reproduce this
problem. We also were able to access the data using the Scan search api
after restarting the node.

 However we have seen quite a few of the bulk update errors in our 20-node
production cluster and have suffered data loss on other aliases (The alias
filter being the user-id) as well. We think the data loss is because of
this bulk update error.

Is there a chance of losing data on shards when enough of these bulk
updates happen concurrently on multiple aliases (users)?

Thanks