Hello,

You are performing a search by uri, by default it searches in the _all
field. In your case this field doesn't use at all your trigrams
analyzer.

You could either pass an explicit query : {"query": {...} }, or
specify which field you want to match: curl -XGET
'http://localhost:9200/urls/_search?q=jen&analyzer=trigrams&pretty=true&df=title'

I think it works for "jen*" because it's converted into a wildcard query.

For the termvectors, you have to enable them in your mapping:
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/mapping-core-types.html#string

Cédric Hourcade
c...@wal.fr