You need to create the river in _river special index. Otherwise it won't be
considered as a river.

--
David Pilato | Technical Advocate | Elasticsearch.com
@dadoonet | @elasticsearchfr

Le 25 juin 2014 à 15:21:10, Jorge von Rudno (jorge.vonrudno...@googlemail.com)
a écrit:

Hi David,

When I run I "GET /_search", I get some documents but not what I expect (some
index about ".marvel" . The river should be generate around 1 million documents.

I just delete all and change the index name by "cm_customer"

PUT /cm_customer/customers/
{
  "type" : "jdbc",
  "jdbc" : {
      "url" : "jdbc:postgresql://192.168.20.27:5432/kunden",
      "user" : "postgres",
      "password" : "",
      "sql" : "SELECT ba.kundennummer, ba.firma, ba.anschrift, ba.plz, ba.ort,
ba.telefon, ba.telefax, ba.latitude, ba.longitude, rd.status, branchenid,
kb.hauptbranche, sortierung FROM basiseintrag ba LEFT JOIN rechnungsdaten rd ON
ba.kundennummer = rd.kundennummer LEFT JOIN kundenbranchen AS kb ON
ba.kundennummer = kb.kundennummer WHERE ba.main = 1 AND rd.status != 5",
    "index" : "cm_customers",
    "type" : "customers",
    "strategy" : "oneshot"

The first quetion is: Whit this command I get the message: "No handler found
for uri [/cm_/customers/] and method [PUT]".
If I give an Id like: PUT /cm_customer/customers/1     the mistake is gone, but
think that if river generate a lot of documents, it should generate the Id
automatic.
The result is:

{
   "took": 1,
   "timed_out": false,
   "_shards": {
      "total": 5,
      "successful": 5,
      "failed": 0
   },
   "hits": {
      "total": 1,
      "max_score": 1,
      "hits": [
         {
            "_index": "cm_customer",
            "_type": "customers",
            "_id": "1",
            "_score": 1,
            "_source": {
               "type": "jdbc",
               "jdbc": {
                  "url": "jdbc:postgresql://192.168.20.27:5432/kunden",
                  "user": "postgres",
                  "password": "",
                  "sql": "SELECT ba.kundennummer, ba.firma, ba.anschrift,
ba.plz, ba.ort, ba.telefon, ba.telefax, ba.latitude, ba.longitude, rd.status,
branchenid, kb.hauptbranche, sortierung FROM basiseintrag ba LEFT JOIN
rechnungsdaten rd ON ba.kundennummer = rd.kundennummer LEFT JOIN kundenbranchen
AS kb ON ba.kundennummer = kb.kundennummer WHERE ba.main = 1 AND rd.status !=
5",
                  "index": "cm_customers",
                  "type": "customers",
                  "strategy": "oneshot"
      ]

Dear colleagues,

I just start to work with ES and after read the documentation, I am trying to
load the data from my postgres db. To do this I found that the plugin river
jdbc should be work for this purpose.
After following the instruction to install the plugin, I run the following
command and my expectation is to have the whole data in the index created for
river:

curl -XPUT 'http://localhost:9200/_river/customers/_meta' -d'
{
  "type" : "jdbc",
  "jdbc" : {
      "url" : "jdbc:postgresql://192.100.10.17:5432/customers",
      "user" : "postgres",
      "password" : "",
      "sql" : "SELECT ba.customernumber, ba.company, ba.address, ba.zipcode,
ba.city, ba.telefon, ba.telefax, ba.latitude, ba.longitude, rd.status,
branchenid, kb.mainbranch, sort FROM basis ba LEFT JOIN aditionaldata rd ON
ba.customernumber = rd.customernumber LEFT JOIN customerbranch AS kb ON
ba.customernumber = kb.customernumber WHERE ba.main = 1 AND rd.status != 5",
    "strategy" : "oneshot"
  }
}'

After run the command I get the notification message:
{"_index":"_river","_type":"customers","_id":"_meta","_version":1,"created":true}

As I say before I was expecting to get all the data but if I make a query I
just get:

{
   "took": 1,
   "timed_out": false,
   "_shards": {
      "total": 1,
      "successful": 1,
      "failed": 0
   },
   "hits": {
      "total": 1,
      "max_score": 1,
      "hits": [
         {
            "_index": "_river",
            "_type": "customers",
            "_id": "_meta",
            "_score": 1,
            "_source": {
               "type": "jdbc",
               "jdbc": {
                  "url": "jdbc:postgresql://192.100.10.17:5432/kunden",
                  "user": "postgres",
                  "password": "",
                  "sql": "SELECT ba.customernumber, ba.company, ba.address,
ba.zipcode, ba.city, ba.telefon, ba.telefax, ba.latitude, ba.longitude,
rd.status, branchenid, kb.mainbranch, sort FROM basis ba LEFT JOIN
aditionaldata rd ON ba.customernumber = rd.customernumber LEFT JOIN
customerbranch AS kb ON ba.customernumber = kb.customernumber WHERE ba.main = 1
AND rd.status != 5",
                  "strategy": "oneshot"
      ]

My question is if I just omit something or I am doing something wrong.

In advance thanks a lot.

Regards

Jorge von Rudno
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elasticsearch/dafcf553-14fb-4ee9-b52e-380341b3ab1c%40googlegroups.com.