Hi Ivan,

Thanks very much for the response! It's great to know you're able to
reproduce the use-case.

Although one can always write custom mappings or change the client, our aim
is to:
1. Avoid using schema-specific mappings; and
2. Avoid forcing the clients with any schema constraints

Querying/filtering by a nested "id" field should be supported as any other
field I think - seeing that the documents do not preclude this use.
Therefore, perhaps its reasonable to raise a bug report and see it fixed.
Would you agree?

many thanks and kind regards,

Fuzz.