Hi everyone,

I'm creating on my own a little Geocoder. My goal is to be able to retrieve
a big city or a country with a string on input. This string can be
mistyped, so I indexed geonames cities5000 data (cities > 5000 inhab), and
crossed theses data with countries & admin data. So I got a 46000 cities
index with country, admin & pop.

I created a search_field in which I put country, admin & city name +
alternate names provided in cities5000 file.

I want, within this array, search for a string.

Currently, I'm just searching with a MatchQuery, like "Paris" in
"search_field". Unfortunately, the first result is Paris... in Canada...

Still, the "search_field" data is this one, for Paris (CA) and Paris (FR):

[u'Paris', u'Paris', u'Canada', u'Ontario', u'Ontario']

[u'Paris', u'Paris', u'France', u'\xcele-de-France', u'Ile-de-France',
u'Paris', u'Paris']

I don't understand why Paris, CA is first, 'cause there's so much more
"Paris" in the second one...

Anyway, is there any way to make the number of "my_query" terms appearance
make the difference ? Because with alternate names, there will be so much
much more Paris that it has te count.

Actually I think the array length matters in the scoring and I don't want
it to... I thought of a custom query score, but I don't think I'm able to
get the query term in the script query.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !